Iniciar sessão ou registar-se
  1.  # 1

Hi. I am trying to connect our old house back to the grid. Without the expense of a electrician.

Currently it has a old Single phase counter with 15A potential. it was installed inside the house.

We made a Muro as per EDP documents. EDP said they will put a new style meter and install it outside.

Now we put a fuse board as the system was without GND or earth leaking protection.

The fuse board We bought was EDP + 18units. But I dont know if EDP still install the EDP part on the fuse board inside the house.

Should I change the fuse board to one with just 18units and no EDP.

Sorry for english. Respond in Portuguese if you wish I can read it.
  2.  # 2

Este forum é portugues!

Write in portuguese, or do expect to be answered by the EDP american branch workers, that surely must read the forum da casa on a daily basis...LOL
  3.  # 3

Since electricity is something that you must be careful with, I strongly suggest you to contact an electrician and he will install everything correcly.
  4.  # 4

Hello,

You can use the one with edp+18 units. They will install the new metter (energy box), and also the power control switch to.
  5.  # 5

What about if we just install 18 units without the EDP.

Will EDP refuse the connection. We prefer not to have the EDP DCP breaker sealed inside the house. it will make the box smaller and less ugly.
  6.  # 6

Maria Ramos, tem vergonha da língua de Camões é ? Why are you answering Maria in english ? To show you're a sofisticated men ? Shame on you. answer her in portuguese, this is a portuguese fórum.
  7.  # 7

I can only speak basic Portuguese, read basic text and understand spoken word. I promise soon as we have electric I will put a Portuguese TV and learn it. Maybe even return to school.

Please help me. The other English people know nothing. We cannot afford 2000euros to put the system. Joke is the electricians want to mark the wall with pen, supply the equipment, we do all the hard work cutting and reboco the walls again. They profit around 1500euros for nothing, material is probably less than 500euros.

I just want to know if we can omit the EDP DCP breaker from our fuse board. Also the DCP we have is max 15A and EDP already told me I can have 6.9KVA in my house. but the current DCP will not allow it unless replaced.

https://www.edpdistribuicao.pt/pt/infocenter/noticias/2017/Pages/InterruptordeControlodePotenciasubstituiDisjuntordeControlodePotencia.aspx
  8.  # 8

I think you are making a mistake OF not CONTRACT an Licence ELECTRICIAN.
    Get a quotation from another... You will need an certified electrician to connect to the grid. As some paperwork must be supplied by him.
    Where is the job?
  9.  # 9

EDP, will not instal a DCP .... you should instal the proper electrical protections devices according to legislation.

TRy get extra help here, a dedicated electricty forum.
    http://www.eletricidade.net
  10.  # 10

You are a bit confused ... África is more down... You continue getting down by plane or boat.. there you just put da conter and ok...

Here we are european union country, One of the best ones, so you must respect the law, and contract spealized and certified people to do da job...

Thank you very Nice!
  11.  # 11

If the house is already with registered meter it can be reconnected without certification but you must provide the correct conditions or the technician refuses the connection. It only needs certification if we want to increase potência.

We already built the standard Muro, P100 box and Meter box + earth spike.

My Question is Soley if we need to install the DCP inside the house. We would prefer not to.

I will ask on eletricidade.net. Thank you pedro for some useful input.
  12.  # 12

Ir you dont want to increase power you don't need certiel aprovement. Anyway EDP Will ask to a certified technician to do the job...
    Concordam com este comentário: Pedro Barradas
  13.  # 13

Portugal very good country, we work really good.
  14.  # 14

15.  # 15

What if the job is already done. And the Certified technician not present.

I am told by EDP themselves they expect the good conditions to exist. Not a signature from certified technician
  16.  # 16

O electricista da empresa sub-contratada pela EDP, faz-lhe isso. já falou com algum deles!!?
  17.  # 17

Explain why do you want the dcp installed outside the house?
    Doesn't make sense to me! Its easy for everyone acess the button and cut you the power from outside your house. And if you exceed the supllied power the dcp will arm and you need to go outside to rearm again.
  18.  # 18

O diferencial , tem de ficar no quadro electrico... Não sei qual a dúvida...
    Hoje em dia a EDP, já não instala o Diferencial....
  19.  # 19

Mas afinal a casa da Naria é em Portugal ou na Inglaterra? Se a companhia é a EDP presumo que seja Portugal.

You must understand that the seal of the EDP can´t be broken or you may face legal problems.

Maria Ramos é nome português, you speak bad portuguese ng>Why
    , are you a second generation imigrant?
  20.  # 20

We are putting a new fuse board. We already bought the EDP + 18 but then learned the EDP Diferencial is no longer installed since 2017. Maybe we bought the wrong fuse board

If its no longer installed we think it will be better to install the fuseboard without the EDP DCP Differential. Doing so will also mean EDP will not even need to look at the caixa principle or enter the house.

Or would installing such a fuseboard without DCP space cause EDP to refuse connection. I understand now they just set the DCP to max power anyway and control the contracted current from outside. The fuse board with EDP DCP is rather big and ugly and has never existed in this house anyway, just some Frankenstein style switches from the 1980-1990s

BTW I am Portuguese, The house is an inheritance in Portugal. But lived in England all my life until recently. Stupidly my father never taught us Portuguese. I have more welcoming family here than England so I returned and love the place and the house.

The seal is not broken. But the incoming cable was cut when the roof replaced. because the wall the meter was attached to had to be rebuilt. The whole wooden panel will be fixed back to the wall when EDP called we hope he understands the wall fell so meter was removed for safety.
    Concordam com este comentário: carlosj39

0.0206 seg. NEW